View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 01:02 PM
sulkair
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009

Zappa,

I sure appreciate the soundness of this wisdom. You are right to point these things out. As one of the more vocally excited people posting on here, I take your words as to me personally, which is a good thing.

Firstly there is something about the newhire process that is inherently exciting right? It is sort of the nature of the beast, but I also agree it can become the dangerous song of the lovely Siren if left unchecked.

I have spoken to two senior pilots at length there, and they pulled no punches. I even heard some of what you speak.

You want the honest truth, it is scary to leave the regional Ive been at for 10 years. Mesa is growing and I would be a senior CA making way more money if I stayed.

But life is about taking risks. I think F9 is an exciting calculated risk that could pay off big for a guy in my shoes. Its either that or the slow comfortable death that is playing it safe. I work with these guys all the time, and I feel myself slowly becoming one of them. I dont disparage them, I relate and understand. But Nah, this time I choose to leap, and to FLY.

I look forward to digging up this convo 5 years from now so we can see how it went.

Again... I really appreciate the gut check, that will no doubt persist until I sit down first day of class. Thank you sir.