View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 11:26 AM
workingforfree
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: Cap'n

Originally Posted by gvinflight View Post
Suit and Tie baby...it's the only way to go. I got confirmation that I was among the first 200. Any words of wisdom as to what the interview may be like? Or any interview advice for this type of interview?
I do not think the "interview" at OBAP is an actual "job interview" in the traditional sense, although they are using the term on the fair website, I think its only meaning "talking to 200 candidates", although doing well speaking with recruiters might bode well in actually getting an actual job interview in DFW. They are just "interviewing" (i.e. talking to candidates) at the career fair.

Pretty sure the Career Fair is just a job fair where they will talk to candidates. Im in the first 200 also and attending, they are capping attendance at 200 and it says they will only talk to ("interview") 200 people. I wish it was an actual interview, although I am still preparing as they will be asking interview type questions when meeting with candidates. So preparing is not a bad idea at all.

Bottom line, the career fair in LAS is a good pre-test of sorts if you/we/ any other career fair attendees perform well, but its not a interview for the job. Sorry, I think the career fair webpage using that term has mislead you a bit. They just are capping attendance and will speak with 200 people at the career fair.

Have you had a video invite? If you have, and have been invited to DFW, that is an actual interview.

Last edited by workingforfree; 02-23-2014 at 11:50 AM.