Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 08:12 PM
CanoePilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Knowing how high the nose wheel strut sits off the ground and how much tire pressure is required does nothing but waste everyone's time in training. There is much more critical information and training that should be done. Thankfully the philosophy in training these days is much more reality based where if you can't fix it via the QRH or switch then it's best left to the MX guys.

Yes I am young (probably the same age as some of your kids) and that should have nothing to do with anything. It looks like I've struck a nerve with some people who wish it was still the 1960's glory days of aviation when captains were worshiped by everyone they came into contact with, when cockpit crews had 4 people, when passengers wore suits and the pilots all had "panel time" and an a&p course or two. Here is another shocker, in about 30 years the tom cruise top gun guys with square jaws, a Harley and to cute blondes on each arm will be replaced with an enlisted or contract guy weighing about 300 lbs in a air conditioned trailer commanding a drone. Times change, I'd still like a milk man to bring me ice cream and milk but these days I need to go to trader joes for that.