Old 02-04-2006, 08:36 AM
MD11driver
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: MD-11 F/O

Originally Posted by Myboyblue
Md11

Reference the bid packs,

I see many lines below the 74hr guarantee, does this still mean you will get the 74 if you bid a line with a 70 hr credit.

It looks as if almost every line is paid out of trip rigs, 4 to 1 is this a true statement? For the most part you will never make more than the credit on your line value, correct? I'm guessing there is no extra pay when you go over block since the pairing still will pay out via the trip rig. It looks to my understanding you just divide your TAFB every month by 4 and thats your pay, it doesn't really matter how much you have flown.

What is the guarantee for reserves?

thanks again for everything!
I don't know how it is at other carriers, but we have so many different types of "rigs". For longer trips, yes, the 4-1 duty rig usually takes precedence. However, we have a "domestic duty" rig, an "international duty" rig, a "domestic day duty" rig, a "domestic night duty" rig, a "domestic critical duty" rig, a "trip" rig, four different MPDPs (Minimum Pay per Duty Period), a "block hour" rig...

Some "super" (or "stupor"?) computer takes all these into account for each trip, calculates the highest of all of these, and assigns hours to the trip based on that.

As RedeyeAV8r said, the "average" bid line guarantee (BLG) published in the bidpack is simply just an average. It ties into how reserve line guarantee (RLG) is calculated--it takes the average BLG for that month, multiplies it by 96%, and that is your RLG for that month. If you end up flying more credit hours than that (during your actual reserve days), then it sucks to be you, because you still only get paid your RLG (with a few exceptions).

On a REGULAR line (not reserve line), if you get extended or revised, then you get paid extra (150-200%, depending on how much over you go). For most situations, the stupor computer will add extra pay hours to your trip.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by MD11driver; 02-04-2006 at 08:46 AM.