View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 05:41 AM
Xdashdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2013

I was at a local PD. I had specialized in accident investigation and impaired driving enforcement over my 6 year period there. Why back to flying? Well, I left flying to spend my son's youngest years with him at home and build stronger family relationships. I found that police work can take its toll on family relationships too, but in a completely different way. I spent most of the last year at the PD looking up at the sky trying to figure out how to get back in the air. Flying was my dream since I was 8 years old, and I never waivered from it except out of necessity. My wife and I came to the conclusion we could make the family thing work, and probably better if I was flying. She was tired of police work too (when one member of the family is a cop, the whole fairly becomes a police family).

It just so happens that we are currently starting a hiring upswing in the aviation world so that makes it a little easier, but I need some recent experience to be attractive to most outfits, so that is currently what I am working on. Getting caught up!