View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 08:59 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Punkpilot48
F15AvionicsTech

No thats not what I am saying...well unless you have that kinda funding. Intrest rates add up but if you need the money go for the loan....I DID! What I was saying was get your commercial multi then your cfi's (if you plan on instructing) and build time as an instructor. you will probably get hired at about 1000 TT and 100 ME such as I did. From there on out you wont have to pay for anything else. I could be wrong but as soon as you have ATP minimums one of your line checks should count as your atp checkride. Hey correct me if Im wrong guys I've always wondered about that.
I don't see how a line check could be an ATP ride, it's a normal revenue flight...stalls wouldn't go over well. Only captains need line checks and they already have an ATP anyway. A recurrent PC (not a PT) in the sim could maybe theoretically be an ATP ride, but I've never heard of it. You normally get your ATP on your final sim check for your captain qualification. So it is true that once at an airline you don't have to worry about getting your ATP (you need the written, but most companies require that to get hired in the first place).