View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 08:39 AM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by Learflyer View Post
121 guys that come over to charter repeatedly say how much harder 135 flying is. The actual flying of the airplane is only partof the job. There are a lot more balls in the air at any given time in 135 than there is in 121. I wish the HR depts would finally see that someday.
I'd also like to see more love given on both sides of the 121/Corporate isle.

I've seen severe prejudice bordering on hate on both sides of the issue (not with DL, just in general) and there are plenty of corporate gigs that won't touch a 121 pilot and there are associated negative stereotypes about the flying and the pilots who do it that cut both ways.

One of my biggest dissapointments in C2012 was that we gave up (the freshly won grievance BTW) for the large corporate planes (G5's or equivalent I think). Yes it was only 10 or so airframes, but those are good flying jobs that we owned and controlled and essentially negotiated and paid for that we gave up and IMHO that was a mistake.

I'm not suggesting DL try to get into the "Avolar" business, but if DL is already into the business to whatever degree, some of those jobs belonged to the DL pilot group and we gave them up without the slightest mention and that sucks.

If we had held on to them, even by a tether (say if they become ours if we furlough for example) you'd see one more chip taken out of the bilateral 121/Corporate negative perception feedback loop.