View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 11:35 AM
madmax757
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: seated - facing forward

Originally Posted by notflowninayear View Post
I took a year off flying to start a business. That business is not working at as well as I hoped, and my desire to get back into flying is stronger than I thought it would be.
How much current time do I need to get for a regional interview? I'm guessing I at least need an instrument competency check. I have over 10,000 hours total but 0 in the last year.

Also do Skywest, Mesa, American Eagle, and Republic have training contracts? If they do, does anyone have details on how much the are if you leave early. I want to be based in ORD, so I'm interested in any company that has a base there.

Thanks in advance for any help.
You will get interview calls in less than a week if you fill out airline apps.com / apply to any regional. I haven't flown for 6 YEARS, 8700TT 2500 PIC and a few type ratings. Did NOT get current, got a medical, filled out airline apps.com and got 6 regionals calling me. Had an interview last wednesday and was offered the job. There was an Army retired King Air driver who hadn't touched an airplane for 5 years and mostly helo time. The only company that sent me a courtesy email was Skywest saying you need to get current and to let them know when i do. Im sure ORD will be an easy base to get with any of those companies, As far as training contracts, you will need to ask each company or check website - Mesa does, Eagle you will have to pay back the bonus, not sure on RAH or Skywest. some are listed on the airline profiles on this website. PM me if u need any information. You will need to study though! Many of them use the Delta written test but have lowered the pass rate.