Old 03-01-2014, 09:22 PM
jrav8er
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2014
Position: E175 F/O

No I'm not holding out for republic. They are my backup plan. I would like Compass Airlines first. I have read here that the general atmosphere at compass is very positive and that employees actually enjoy working for the company. However. I'm not going to lye in wait for compass either. If I get the interview with republic in the meantime I will gladly accept the interview. Whichever company hires me first (Compass/Republic) I will stay with them until I get the call from JetBlue. I really don't want to bounce around the regionals and mire my résumé to look like a job gypsie. I'd rather fly the EMB 175 for 10 years at a regional then a CRJ or 145 any day of the week.

BUT I really can't wait for either of them also. If you know what I mean. I have a solid offer now so I feel I should just jump on it and if I get the call from Republic or Compass in 6 months maybe longer I know I would make the switch without hesitation. I just wonder how it would look to Compass or Republic knowing I was only with the loosing airline for such a short time. Would they even care?. What will JetBlue think seeing the switch in my job history? I don't know if compass or republic would ever call me in for an interview in the first place. I only hope they do.