View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 05:14 AM
gringo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2005
Position: Under the Frog

To each their own, I suppose.

I grew up in the restaurant industry; for me, quality of service is every bit as important as the food itself.

The one time I went to Kuma's I found the staff to be amazingly rude and vulgar; the "bouncer" came flying off the handle dropping F-bombs at me and threatening to throw me out, only because I pulled two tables together so our group could sit with each other. This was late at night, with the place half empty.

It was the first time in my life I left without leaving a tip.

When I spoke to a former employee and found out where they source their beef from (a small step up from McDonalds) that was it for me.

Better than McDonalds? Sure. But there's better places to spend your hard earned cash, with better burgers, better service and better beer selections. Bad Apple and DMK Burgers come to mind.

But again, to each their own. We are after all airline pilots; we expect a certain amount of abuse in our lives.

Speaking of better beer selections, if you're up in the Andersonville area, check out HopLeaf. Not only is their beer selection amazing, but the food they offer is absolutely incredible. Puts many gourmet restaurants to shame.

Another place worth checking out is HoneyButter Fried Chicken, although if skip the kelp cole-slaw. Interesting idea, but doesn't work. The chicken? Dy-no-MITE!!!!

Also, Small's on Irving Park and Albany. Best brisket in town.

Last edited by gringo; 03-02-2014 at 05:59 AM.