View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 07:45 PM
flynavyj
Gets EVERY weekend off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: SIC

Originally Posted by block30 View Post
Wasn't sure which thread to put this under, but I flew with a check airman* who recently had a check airman meeting. The subject of the difficulty in hiring new regional pilots came up, and it was made known that management is indeed looking at things like multi crew licenses (in the Unites States).

I'm not sure how much traction management will get on that, but I have to imagine they are applying a lot of force, money, and propaganda on our politicians to repeal the ATP law and/or institute multi crew licenses.

*Yes, I realize the "I heard from a check airman" thing is cliche at best, and I'll accept my fair share of abuse for perpetuating that.
And the only way to fight that is for the unions and pilot groups across the country to continuously express that there is no pilot shortage...pilots are simply not willing to work for the wages the regional airlines are offering. They'll argue numbers from universities that are having trouble filling seats because the costs are sky high, and that better pay rates will break their bank and make them uncompetitive...ALPA needs to lobby the hell out of things to make sure the 1500 hour rule stays in place and for once actually make a "win" for the pilot groups out there and improve this profession.