Old 03-05-2014, 09:40 PM
Wollac
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: B-52 IP / Delta Poolie

Originally Posted by gr8vu View Post
I guess honesty is not the best policy.

Even with a credit score north of 800 and ability to put 20% down and a net worth 3x greater than the loan amount, Pentagon Federal Credit Union denied my mortgage loan application.

This happened when I was asked to produce military orders for my move and I responded that I was retiring to my home of record. When they ran the new numbers, my retirement pay didn't meet their 43% debt ratio based on "current" income so despite my strong credit history, no unsecured/credit debt, and ability to pay the loan for the next 30 years, they said I didn't meet their criteria.

They couldn't even consider the fact that I had written job offers this summer since they required at least 2 pay stubs to include the income in the calculations.

Should be able to get a loan from someone else but was very surprised that an organization so closely tied to the military couldn't make an exception to a situation that could impact many future vets.
You're not the first person I've heard this happening to. For the same exact reason. No ability to produce proof of future income. And I second the recommendation for Dave Devine. I have done one initial purchase and two refinances with him. I'm not sure if he can get you qualified or not, but if anyone can, he can.