Old 03-06-2014, 02:17 AM
captjns
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by NYGiantsFan View Post
Unfortunately, this cant be stopped. We have moved into globalism the past 25-35 years. Most industries are in a global market now... Jobs outsourced thanks to NAFTA, GAT... The airlines are one of the last few industries not globalized and it will be next. Globalism for the US is bad as we can see everything has been outsourced and our country being de-industrialized, jobs cheaper overseas. Anybody who thinks this can be stopped and that congress and our government work for the people are naive. Our Gov and Congress works for the money powers and there are much more powerful people that want this done. Sad to say it, but this will be the 1st step towards open skies, i saw this coming years ago. All your future plans should be a plan B! I have had my plan B for a few years, pretty soon I wont need this job. It will be more like a hobby for me and my main income will come from my other business. Get your Plan B ready! Sorry to be a pessimistic, but this is the reality of our future in the global markets.
So far I've read posts of hopes of ALPA hoping to save the day and save the jobs. Has any of the MECs approached management within their companies? If so... response if any? the edging of M/E carriers along with the recent application by NAI is far greater than ALPA's capability.