Old 03-06-2014, 05:16 AM
What
Underpaid...

Joined APC: Nov 2010
Position: French-Canadian

Originally Posted by JustAMushroom View Post
I wish you luck too at your subcontracting company.

Get real. That AA flow has been the biggest joke for the last 15 years. It was easier to get on with AA from the street by a factor of 5:1. Even with that said, I hope all eagle guys get a staple to AA. No ill will here. And it would be great if every major made the 50 seat their entry level plane. I've got no beef with that. We should all want that.

I'm saying it's silly to feel bad and go even further and apologize for our success. SkyWest pilots have a esprit de corps and it's not because some magic juice management passes out. We are pretty good at policing ourselves and bitter rude and unproductive pilots learn fast they are not welcome. Pilots who do a good job here at running an efficient operation. We make SkyWest a lot of money. We should be paid a lot more. And if by being efficient we grow, isn't that the idea?
15 years, one must take into account that for over 12 of those AA didn't hire. Be careful with your "efficient" statement. I understand your concept but many around here use the same word in relations to confections and undercutting other.

The SKW culture is different that many other regionals, if you were to place the same pilot group with a different management as that of RAH or Mesa you would see a totally different result. The culture at SKW has more to do with the atmosphere management has created than the pilots policing themselves.

You do have a point about the flow but unfortunately many folks don't look at history and only base things in what have you done for me lately, currently they see the flow as 20 a month leaving from the top and management will capitalize on that, even this it has been a failure over the 14-15 years prior for reasons discussed above.