View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 08:34 AM
satpak77
Working weekends

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: Left Seat

1. Walk 30-60 mins a day, everyday. Also try to lift weights/etc. But at least walk

2. Take hot shower prior to bed time. This helps me and I was never fond of going to bed sweaty and nasty. So you shower again in AM, big deal

3. NO coffee, tea, coke, etc after noon (or the equivalent for your sleep cycle). Healthy diet, fruits/veg, white meats, better than Big Macs and IHOP pancakes.

4. Lots of water thru the day

5. No sugarly drinks and reduce liquid intake a few hours before bed. No orange juice or acid-content juices. NO internet, blackberry/Iphone, fights with wife on phone, before bed.

6. Dissolve 1MG (to start) Melatonin in small amount of water. Drink it one hour before planned "go to sleep time".

7. Go to bed and read book etc calm activity. Turn AC on / place fan on in room, so it is chilly. You sleep better chilly versus hot. At my house, I have a standing fan, I have discovered that when that is blowing gently on my face while I sleep, forcing airflow into my face, versus me just sleeping and breathing whatever air flow rate, that I wake up much better feeling than versus no fan.

8. Report back to the forum