View Single Post
Old 03-07-2014, 10:19 AM
Southerner
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by benzoate View Post
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyby1206

It is something given randomly to pilots at jetblue so they can designate an applicant to be guaranteed an interview. It doesn't help we the actual evaluation process, but it does guarantee you get the call to come to the interview.

It's not random. Blue darts are handed out based on your chief pilots recommendation. It's used to be random. Today it's based on your chief pilots opinion of you.
If you owned a business would you give a "blue dart" (or equivalent) to someone that you didn't trust or agree with? Would you want to hire people that a guy recommends if that guy is a PITA?

Yeah...I didn't think so. Try to step outside your prejudices for a second and think about things from the other point of view. I may not like everything the company does, but most of the time I understand their motivations.

By the way, our union will be more effective if it can understand the other side, and why they do what they do. To assume it's out if stupidity or incompetence is incredibly naive and childish.