View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 12:51 PM
DAL 88 Driver
At home on the maddog!

Joined APC: Mar 2009
Position: ATL MD-88A

My first Abbott's jacket lasted 14 years. I had to replace the lining in it about halfway through. I finally replaced it with another Abbott's jacket a couple of years ago. The jury's still out on this one, but so far it seems to be holding up fine. I like the quality and the fit.

I'm still on the two pair of pants that came with the new jacket. So far they are holding up pretty well. The anti-slip/grip band that's inside the waistband is tearing up. But other than that, they seem to be doing pretty well and they fit nicely. For my old coat, I was replacing the pants with pants from Men's Wearhouse. Still kinda expensive but very good quality and fit.

For shirts, I wear Landerwood Pilot Shirts. I think they are by far the best quality, best looking shirts on the market. I'm about 4 years into my first set of the shirts, and they are still nowhere near needing to be replaced. They are a little more expensive then most others, but if they last a lot longer they actually end up being a better value. These are a cotton/poly pinpoint oxford material... the type of material that is used in high quality dress shirts worn by business executives. They look great... very professional. The downside is that they are not "easy care." I don't think you could just throw these in the washer and dryer and have them come out looking good without a lot of ironing. I send mine to the cleaners and have them starched. So if that's something you can live with, these are great shirts. If not, I wouldn't recommend them. Oh by the way, if anyone ends up buying some Landerwood shirts, give them my referral number 7868. After so many referrals, I get a free shirt. If my current shirts ever wear out, I might actually get to use that!