Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 08:01 AM
Sig178
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: CA

Originally Posted by mike12345 View Post
Indoc is 9 days, and boy they are long and boring days. I would recommend not bringing your spouse to indoc unless they really want to. I'd bring them to Florida and let them go to Disney world. After the suck of indoc, you may or may not get a break of up to two weeks.

The actual training was about 20 days or so and is both awesome training and very easy. You begin with some basic general knowledge classes in the systems phase that culminates in a 20-30 minute ground eval. You do about 6 rides in a paper trainer doing basic procedures like flows and call outs. Huge learning curve, and the trainer flies like crap, but the building block approach they use is phenomenal.

You then get in a real sim and do more traditional stuff like V1 cuts and approaches. The sim is great, but it comes so fast you're "proficient" before you know what you're doing.

Finally the last phase is just flying a simple mission that has some things go wrong. You will probably be paired with an FO which makes it tough because you have to know Captain stuff too (even though they say you don't) or you will screw your partner up.

While some people struggle and a few fail out, other than indoc which isn't entirely their fault, it is by far the best, most efficient, and easiest training I have ever received (mil heavy background).
Seems accurate except its a fully functional FTD sans visuals. Paper trainers are just that, paper.