View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 06:47 PM
WstCstCmtr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by TonyWilliams View Post
You're right, I haven't listed the price. I've gotten about a dozen resumes, and I made one offer today after a resume review and phone interview. He'll be going to the sim shortly with another new hire. That person is the only one, so far, that needs to know "how much".

I'll just say that the pay is a whole lot more than you're likely making at a USA regional, and far less than you'll be make flying a wide body at Emirates.

As to safety, I did stay in a crew hotel in Atlanta where a gunman came in the lobby and started blasting away. And that's not the only scary overnight I've been on in the USA. Anybody for a trip to downtown Detroit?
I met a couple of guys at CAE in Toronto last November that were working this place... Maybe that was you!?!

Why not just say what the pay is? Why is it a big secret? Just because it's a lot more than flying at a US regional doesn't mean it's a good deal.

Originally Posted by TonyWilliams View Post
So the price doesn't really matter to you then, correct? It's not a secret for anybody who sends a resume and passes a basic screening. That's it. I have low patience for the salary "crazy talk" on here, so I'm not going to participate.
I'm not putting a price on what it would take me to do it... I would have to know what the package is before I could assess that.