Old 03-15-2014, 02:53 PM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by ghilis101 View Post
Possibly. Delta just invited me to interview, and the earliest interview date was mid June. Based on that projected interview date, and the size of the pool, theyre going to be interviewing my group for class dates somewhere in 2015. Don't get me wrong, Im absolutely excited about getting the call from DAL , I just have to stay patient because the interview is in 3 months and of course its a marathon, and not a sprint. Looking forward to it!
Congrats! Plus what Spud said.

Also, I think they are being very conservtive on what they tell you. AFAIK they have increased classes in the short term to 3 per month. 300 in one year is now 600 a year for almost 2 years, and many think it could go higher. Even if it doesn't, CPZ flows are limited to 125 or so per year and we are in the last few months of the small Mesaba flows anyway. Pilots hired in your group (hopefully you too!) could very easily see a couple months on reserve and then never look back for the rest of your career, with upgrade times a quarter (yes, a quarter) of what they've been lately (in terms of YOS).