View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 04:49 PM
TonyWilliams
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Self employed

Originally Posted by mspano85 View Post
I'm interested in a position like this, but in the future. As of right now I don't have the hours for it, or the type. Any recommendations for obtaining training ahead of time for a flying environment like that? You said 1000 hours in type, so really I'd have to fly for an airline like Air Wisconsin for a year or so to get the time in a CRJ, correct? Would a fresh flight instructor with 1500 hours and a CRJ type even be looked at? I understand the risk of this job and why that would turn many off, but I know a lot of pilots that are struggling pretty hard with $50-100k of training debt. A position similar to this one could easily get them out of debt in one year. Fly two and set yourself up for some comfort savings to handle the Regional lifestyle and pay for a few years. Intriguing it is.
Seriously, unless you spoke the local language, or had previous expat flying experience in "challenging places", or some other thing of value, a zero time inexperienced pilot is not what we need or want.

Sorry to be blunt.