View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 11:50 AM
LightAttack
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by Mazster View Post
Sorry but i don't get intimidated. The question was not idiotic and posed in a quite cogent manner. Flippant responses are not necessary. If the moderators don't want me here they can throw me off. Otherwise, I am not here to please you "blastoff" or anyone else of the High and Mighty members of this group.
Go back to your mother's basement, troll. Members here have participated in intercepts, been in charge of intercepts, performed accident investigations, flown the 777, been 777 sim instructors, etc, etc, etc. Welcome to the ready room. If you feel harassed and intimidated, stop posting idiotic questions. Take the hint. "Cogent"? We'll determine that.

Occam's Razor is a good place to start. Some of the press worms keep bringing up the "landed somewhere" idea. Really? 250-odd people onboard and every one with a cell phone. Ever 3rd World crap hole has a cell phone system. If it were hijacked and flown somewhere, they would have to had absolute control over the passengers to prevent a cell call from someone. On that basis alone, that can be ruled out.

Hypoxia is a possibility, but all the alarms and alerts would have had to be inhibited for that to have caused complete incapacitation.

Transponder and ACARS turned off (they seem to be certain about that) says it was deliberate by someone. Hijacking by terrorists? 250 passengers sitting by for that? Possible, but unlikely post 9/11. "Hijacking" or "suicide" by one of the crew after one goes to the back to hit the head? Still seems unlikely, but seems the most likely. Still, with the crew member stuck in the back with 250 passengers - how does the guy in the cockpit prevent the door from being breached over many hours?

How do you control or incapacitate the passengers? From the engine data transmission, it was flying for many hours past its last voice transmission. Amazing.