View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 04:11 PM
soar2live
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2012
Position: Commercial

To be fair to the OP and to get back on track. This is advertised as a low time job opportunity. If I had the opportunity to fly a turbine at 250hr that would have been fantastic. But instead i flew jumpers in a 182 from 300-700hrs and a 206 from 700-900. Then I flew a 172 from 900-1500+. I reached ATP mins in 14 months after being hired at my first paid flying gig. Most instructors I know/knew are/were either at the pilot mills making similar pay and advancing at either the same pace or slower...other university flight schools or part 61 schools might pay more but most likely one will take 2+ years to reach ATP. The 182 job was free room and board so I was taking home about 1000 a month - bad pay...sure but for 4 months to get me passed the 500+ hour mark I was glad I did it and glad to get out . The 206 job had 10/load + 150/week + 15/day to show up. I was making close to 2800-3000 a month and truly enjoyed the work environment but knew I needed to get xc time along with some night. Hence I took aerial survey = fantastic flying experience and would recommend any pilot that can stand being away from home for 8 months to check out pictometry venders. Anyway...the point about all this is that the big hurdle for any starting out pilot is to find a job to build hours...and this job seems to be advertising for just that. For a young 18-23 year old just starting out I would think it would be a blast working given that the mx records check out