Old 03-16-2014, 04:33 PM
ghilis101
La Familia Delta

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B-717 FO / C-17 AC

Originally Posted by gloopy View Post
Congrats! Plus what Spud said.

Also, I think they are being very conservtive on what they tell you. AFAIK they have increased classes in the short term to 3 per month. 300 in one year is now 600 a year for almost 2 years, and many think it could go higher. Even if it doesn't, CPZ flows are limited to 125 or so per year and we are in the last few months of the small Mesaba flows anyway. Pilots hired in your group (hopefully you too!) could very easily see a couple months on reserve and then never look back for the rest of your career, with upgrade times a quarter (yes, a quarter) of what they've been lately (in terms of YOS).
Thanks everyone! The future definitely looks bright for the industry. Seven years of trying to get on at a major hasn't been too bad, so realistically waiting 3 more months to interview and up to a year or more for class will go by super quick. Im excited about getting the invite because I think that officially ushers in the next phase of hiring, the non check airman qualifications, those of us with PIC but no instructor time. I hope this officially means the floodgates are opening. Good luck to us all!