View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 09:17 AM
soar2live
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2012
Position: Commercial

Finally we get some meat on the bone...the purpose of my questioning was to get this out of you - Yes i agree with the majority of what you said but the small sneer side remarks/posts are worthless...that was what I was getting at. The industry is ever changing and right now rapidly changing. For low time jobs like banner towing and skydiving... I understand why there is low pay - lots of turnover since it is a low time job - pilots are not going to stay due to the fact that they want to fly something else (bigger like airlines/corporate)...pay has little to do with it. Also these companies are not posting record profits like the airlines are right now - so in reality - these companies hardly have the money to increase wages(dropzones im talking about here - most open up are around for a few years then fold up). But now with this 1500 hr rule you are now taking about non low time guys in a sense...not entry level jobs anymore requiring more experience and should demand a raise and I hope to see that at the airlines. Ag flying has changed a lot too over the years and now is not considered an entry level job - also most ag jobs can bring in 60k to well over 100k working less than half the year...you are working your butt off during the times you are working though.