View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 10:29 AM
rcfd13
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: Another RJ FO

Originally Posted by soakingpilot View Post
Can I just get this straight. As a new junior FO you will still get paid the 75 hrs ie *guaranteed* whether you fly or not?

Further how does the time work in a day. For instance if you are on reserve on monday clearly you are not supposed to stay wide awake drinking coffee until someone calls for 24 hours so how long of a time are you "on call"

Second question is at what point do you move up out of being on reserve and holding a line.? Is it the number you receive which somehow qualifies you in a bidding system? I really dont get this part. Once you are holding a line then I guess no more reserve you are just assigned 75 hours a month?
At my company (and many others I've talked to) you're paid 75 hours regardless of whether you fly at all that month. There are pay incentives if you get used more than 75 hours.

We're able to bid AM, PM or long call reserve. Each reserve period is 12 hours. AM reserves are on call 4am-4pm with a 2 hour call out. PM reserves are on call 9am-9pm with a 2 hour call out. Long call reserves are on call 24 hours per day during their reserve days but they get a 12 hour call out so no you don't have to sit up drinking coffee all day.

Normal reserve schedules are 4 days on reserve then 2-4 days off. If you're on reserve you're not on call 24/7 all month. You're only on call on the days you're scheduled to be on reserve during the times (AM or PM) that your reserve is scheduled.