View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 11:03 AM
Linebacker35
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by rickair7777
Better upgrade than EAGLE??? Lots. Unless something has changed since I last talked to my eagle friend the eight year ERJ FO. Please correct with me recent numbers if I'm wrong.

Skywest: Guys have upgraded to 50 seat jet CA in 18 (or less) months last year.
Mesa: 18-24 months.

These upgrades times obviously depend on being willing to go WHEREVER, be on reserve, and on having ATP mins. Everybody from my eagle interview group that I kept in touch with quit after 6-8 months to go somewhere else. I had two job offers, and took the other one. Now if you already have a lot of years at eagle the benefits are certainly good, and it is remotely possible that you might flow up to AA mainline in 70-80 years. Do they still even do that?

I also heard that AA mainline was negotiating to move all RJs > 50 seats to mainline...that would REALLY enhance eagle upgrade times.

Thats what Air Canada did back in 95. Facing layoffs while their regionals were hiring lots of pilots. So Air Canada decided to take the RJ's so they could start hiring again instead of their regionals hiring. They ended up hiring almost half their regional pilots in the process. Those pilots were extreamly lucky.
If AA does it, there will be a bunch of happy senior eagle pilots that will get on with AA