View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 06:01 PM
JamesNoBrakes
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: Volleyball Player

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
And you are both looking at the post only through the source of GLA.
I look at the members post in a broader sense of anything training program that has high washouts rates = poor training.
I disagree.
If talking about ONLY GLA training - I'll reserve judgment because I've not gone through GLA's training program; but if it is 'military style boot camp' as one poster recalls, then I can relate.

Was bernouli only referencing GLA's training or is this how he feels about a relationship between high washout rates and poor training programs in general? Bernouli?
There are a few ways to view it though, these may be the kind of people that GLA attracts (likely to wash out). Also, at some level, it's hugely inefficient to train people just to have them wash out, even if you are GLA and don't pay for hotels, training or any transportation. You are still throwing money away by having people on property and using resources and other people's time, only to give them the boot later on. It's at least a poor business model, but an operation with that bad of a reputation probably needs the "military" type school to ensure it will end up with "soldiers" who will get the job done.