Old 03-19-2014, 09:05 PM
Sr. Barco
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2005

Originally Posted by Tsuda View Post
I did not write the letter, but it is good read. Enjoy

March 18, 2014

Dear Fellow Eagle Pilots:

This will be my last opportunity to send a message to you in my role as Training Committee Chairman....
Tsuda thank you for the post. Information like this does not flow down to us line pilots very often so much thanks to the author as well for taking time out to write it.

It is not a stretch to say the outcome of this vote, combined with others, will shape the entire industry in a big way going forward. More people than you realize are watching this very carefully. Putting out a 10 year contract alone warrants a pimp slap. Putting out a 10 year contract with concessions in the current environment is simply laughable. The regional model is in checkmate and this is a desperate attempt to keep the game going. Either way they are toast but a resounding no will demonstrate resolve and self respect for the entire industry.

As a side note I have been in a similar position in my career and I put my money where my mouth is. I was a senior captain (top 10 on the mighty Jetstream) at Hulas Kanodia's Flying Circus in the 90's and quit to start over at another regional with better pay and treatment. I was simply disgusted by the low pay and abuse at Trans States. It was a philosophical move and worth the loss of pay and seniority.

Respect yourself and the industry. Vote no.