Old 05-05-2007, 08:57 AM
A320fumes
Ben Salley

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Left

Originally Posted by jsled View Post
What's insane. Continuous service or not, he was still on the bottom of the list of guys still flying (not furloughed). So where is he now? you guessed it, at the bottom of the list. Same or better status, same or better pay, no windfalls. The fact that he is on the list with guys hired in 2005 sucks. It demonstrates that life is not fair. That does not mean that the policy was not followed. If we want do in mergers, then we have to change the policy.
Agreed! I don't think Any East pilot should have cost a West pilot to be furloughed, but when The east pilot was recalled his position should have reflected his 20 years service, ahead of the 2 years service of his now senior west co-worker. I'm a 1999 AAA hire, who probably would not have returned anyway. I won't say too much about the integrated list because I haven't even been contacted about it and I was removed from the AAA web-boards about 2 weeks ago. It's a huge windfall for the west guys. No offense to anyone at West. Your union was supposed to get the best deal for you and they did, if you don't regard your AAA ALPA brethren as part of that group. I think this is the norm. I don't think they, AW, could have got such a great deal without capitulation and collusion from my previous pilot group. The 1150+ of us hired from '98-01' didn't invest a lot in AAA and enjoyed wonderful careers for those years. Thanx. We should have been enough sacrifice to preserve the careers of the 700+ former AAA CAPTAINS, who are now junior to AW 2005 hires. God Bless you all.

Union-a continuous association of wage-earners for the purpose of maintaining or improving the conditions of their employment."Trade unions may promote legislation favorable to the interests of their members or workers as a whole.

IMHO........That's Bullsh!t.

Last edited by A320fumes; 05-05-2007 at 10:52 AM.