View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 08:03 AM
4A2B
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009

Originally Posted by tennesseeflyboy View Post
So, ever since these OPD arrivals have shown up in the ATC system, I am more and more concerned with the inability of the Airbus to be able to fly such arrivals in PROFILE, especially trying to get back onto these arrivals after the center has issued headings and airspeeds that are non consistent with the OPD procedures. Throw in there unexpected higher tail winds and you have a recipe for a disastrous arrival. I have been flying this aircraft for 8 years now and feel it is time to start asking questions ............. Why are we having to tolerate this kind of inadequate and faulty issue of this airplane in profile mode ? The blue line speed is a big issue in that the aircraft cannot hold the blue line speed on a consistent basis and the end results can be anything from overspeeds into the "zipper" on climbout or descents, to ridiculous plus or minus 20 to 30 knot deviations from the blue line speed. I am preaching to the choir on this as anyone who flies the Airbus A300/A310 should be able to understand what I am saying here ............ Does anyone else out there have these issues ? What say you ???
asking questions and discussions are good to have on blogs but I assume you have filed ASAP ? If not, that is the place to start.