View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 01:13 PM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
Can someone point me to what the Minimum Base Layover amount is? I think that's what it's called-- I'm looking for the minimum amount of time between end of one trip and start of another (release to report), for both the initial PBS bidding and for the PCS.

I got a denial reason of "minimum base layover" for 11 hours ish... I searched the contract, PCS handbook, and PBS gouge for that phrase and got nothing.

I found in PWA 12G (hours of service) this:
10. For purposes of line construction only, a pilot will be scheduled for a break-in-duty at
4 base of at least:
5 a. 11 hours following a duty period that does not include an ocean crossing.

6 b. 18 hours following a duty period that includes an ocean crossing (subject to
7 Section 23 M. 8.).

Which makes me think 11 hours from release to report should be good--but I got denied a WS with 11.12. Is there some new buffer applied now, and if so what?
Can anyone give me the required time, and point me to the source in our documents? Thanks!
You quoted the section on line construction. The actual limit for domestic is 9 hours plus a 30 minute buffer. 117 now however requires 10 hours plus 30 minutes. The company is buffering that by 30 minutes for 11 hours total. I would check the rotation in the legality checker and if it shows good contact crew scheds and asked to be paid. If no luck go to the union. They are making a lot of mistakes.