View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Fred Flintstone
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

I would start with getting the address of the FSI facility you are interested in from their web site. Then call the front desk and ask for the name of the "Director of Training". Get your resume together, get a navy sport coat, a white shirt, red or blue tie and gray pants on and ask to see him or her. Have your resume and a cover letter telling him/her how much you have to give them and how much you enjoy teaching.

They have all experience levels there depending on which facility you are interested in. In SAV I worked with one guy that was retired Delta L1011/777 check airman. Another guy got hired even though he had been out of aviation for 10 years. Needless to say the DL guy was a ******* hot instructor, the other guy not so.

Be ready to teach a class of about 20 to 30 minutes on any subject outside of aviation. Prepare your own powerpoint presentation, have class handout notes and be ready to be heckled and drawn off the subject. They want to see how you are in a group classroom situation.

Keep in mind SAV teaches the big iron of the corporate world. I wouldn't expect $70k in VRB with the primary students.

Good luck, it really was a great place with good bennies. I just got a much better offer.

Stay away from the donuts, they are addicting!

Last edited by Fred Flintstone; 05-05-2007 at 03:08 PM.