Old 05-05-2007, 01:27 PM
FliFast
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: I was acquired, Not Hired

Gents,

I don't condone Ironspuds comments, but I know why he feels the way he does.

Posted from another website...a paraphrased excerpt from a AA pilot running for APA president.

Captain Steve Roach for APA President
Questions and Answers at Roachapa07.com

What is your view of Supp CC?

Supp CC is the protection of 600 TWA pilots jobs left in STL {not allowed to bid out of STL} from the original number of 2450 pilot positions held by TWA pilots.

It’s a violation of Article II of the APA Constitution, where the union is bound to "to maintain uniform principles of seniority and the perpetuation thereof". The APA Board is tasked with creating policy, and the current provisions of Supp CC are a failed policy that violates the spirit, intentions and language of our Constitution. Clearly, this must be addressed as soon as possible, as should any other part of our contract that prevents any pilot from exercising their system seniority. As a member of APA's Board I was the author of APA's seniority integration policy for the Reno Air purchase. That Merger and Acquisition policy was upheld in Federal court, and set a clear precedent for protecting the legitimate career expectations of AA's pilots in any future airline acquisition. The subsequent Darrah administration demonstrated their weakness and incompetence by abandoning APA's newly written merger policy and, as a result, made a complete mess of the TWA seniority integration.

This is the best part....

Many "native" AA pilots are justifiably angry about the significant career damage they suffered (and continue to suffer) as a result of Darrah's disastrous seniority "solution" of Supp CC. Equally appalling, APA has now been left without a clear, tested integration policy, and is vulnerable and unprepared to deal with future airline acquisitions and seniority merges. As APA President, I will urge the APA Board to immediately revisit this matter and produce a proper, seniority-based solution, not only for the pilots currently on our list, but as a fair and reliable precedent for the future.

Guess he forgot AirCal was a DOH merger.
--------------

So if the shoe was on the other foot and your fellow co-workers were telling you that your career, seat, base, equipment and airline that you brought to the merger aren't worth dog mess..you too would have some pretty harsh words.

Hopefully AA pilots will get some money instead of it being paid to AMR's management. More importantly, I hope the recall of furloughees is also part of their "openers" with the company, as opposed to Capt Roach's desire to cleanse the remaining TWA pilots.