Old 05-05-2007, 02:17 PM
aa73
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Flifast,

I, and several of my coworkers, do realize that if we (AA) are ever bought out, we will not only end up at the bottom of some airline's list but probably also have to reinterview for the job. I don't want that to happen, and as such I've always believed in treating any acquired pilot group in a fair manner. However, my opinion of what's fair varies with other pilots. My take has always been: let's take the high road and honor the contract we (APA) signed and let it be. Had the shoe been on the other foot, and TWA had acquired AA, we AA pilots would have been fighting for the same thing.

That said, you will read a lot about up and coming APA candidates for president who wish to dismantle Supp CC. My guess is that they are trying to garner political support from those who wish to see it dismantled - and there are quite a few of those - but this must not tempt you to believe that all AA pilots think the same. They don't.

I believe that if Supp CC needs to be changed, we should only change it in a way that still preserves those career expectations promised to those pilots for whom it was created. Otherwise, we are subjecting ourselves to quite a nasty lawsuit that we would probably lose (DFR.)

Finally, I also realize why Iron Pants Spud is ticked off... but to make comments belittling our fellow dead crewmembers pretty much displays his lack of professionalism for all to see. I'm sure that if one of those crewmembers were a friend of his, he'd be a little more respectful.

cheers, 73