View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Fred Flintstone
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

VRB may be a dead end job. SAV is nice, 15 sims, 120 instructors. I would love to help you but my name is not "revered" there as I quit early in the program. The DoT and Asst DoT there are really good guys. Just be ready to talk on your feet and ask to see either of those guys.

They consider themselves to be the crown jewel of FSI and have a really nice facility to show for it. Oh, playing around in the G450/550 sims is pretty cool as well. The Gulfstream factory is right next door and there are a lot of high dollar clients in the building. They stress customer service and dress "Sunday go to Church" except on Fridays and weekends. I gave you the uniform of the day in an earlier post.

If you hire on, you will get 1 week company indoc, then typed as a client (about 26 days). You will repeat the type class to watch the instructors, then practice teach, then be evaluated. Last you will go to DFW for the professional instructor class (one week). After that you are considered checked out. The job to get is GS instructor as the hours are better.

If you plan to be a professional CFI this is about as good as it gets. I just wish they paid better and had a better schedule. They loose guys to the never ending heavy work schedule.

And you're welcome. Just be certain this is what you really want. If it is, you will love it. If it isn't, I told you so. As with any new job is pays to keep your eyes open and your mouth shut till you really know whats going on.

Last edited by Fred Flintstone; 05-05-2007 at 03:15 PM.