View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 07:13 PM
Chupacabras
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013

Originally Posted by phoenix 23684 View Post
Why are you limiting this to only CRJ-200 rated with time individuals? I've been flying in Afghanistan for the past 6 years and I think getting guys with no military background or experience flying in that AOR a foolish thing. Don't believe me, talk to L3 which only hired BE-300 typed guys at first (corporate pilots with no knowledge but excited about the pay) and quickly changed gears and now they are doing great because they hired first and foremost experienced people and provide the type training.

You really want to target people who have been flying in that AOR and/or have been in the military dealing with those types of living conditions.

I can also tell you that things will get extremely sketchy once the US/coalition pulls out at the end of the year, watch all the local Afghans who are fleeing right now as they know the Taliban will re-claim the region. Kandahar already looks like a ghost town compared to last year.

I would caution anyone in the states with CRJ-200 experience, with little to no military/combat time that the money is not worth it if you have no idea what you are getting yourself into.

Since you're not willing to state pay, I will say this. You can get a job flying for Dynamic/L3/Avenge/Blackwater, etc for around 15-20k per month and you live in a military base.
Because experienced folks like you won't do it for what they are likely paying. Thus, they offer it to regional Fos making $2k per month who may not know any better about what they are getting into.