View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 06:02 AM
TonyWilliams
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Self employed

Originally Posted by The Juice View Post
By comparing Afghanistan to Atlanta or Detroit, and by equating the overnights to being similar, is ridiculous. So yes, that is sugar coating. Also, call it a hunch, but I'm willing to bet that the reason you are being so secretive about the pay is because you don't want to scare off any potential "recruits" by posting the low wages and having those on the forums express the insanity of it.
Listen, you have an axe to grind. You've been "there", and nobody else could possibly fathom the dangers that you know. Yes, you are (or have been) here in this very dangerous place (and make no mistake, contrary to whatever BS you may continue to spew about my characterization of the place, it is dangerous), the very fact that YOU are here telling others not to come is a sense of "blow hard syndrome" that I can't compete with. Yes, only the enlightened can know danger, and everybody else.... Keep out!!!

Believe it or not, folks have heard of Afghanistan. For 35 years, that country has been in one war or another. There's absolutely nothing you could add that any person cognizant enough to fly a jet should not be able to figure out. It's dangerous. Period. Right now, just days before a national election on April 5, it will be EXTREMELY dangerous. There are daily incidents, and the troops are out in force. It will get worse before April 6.

Yes, there are places in the USA that I would not venture around for fear of being killed, mugged, etc. That's reality, whether you believe it or not. iIn the "Tony Scale" of really scary places, Kabul is not at the top of the list. Sorry if that doesn't sit well with your enlightenment. Thankfully, car bombings are rare in the USA.

The folks who don't want to work here are 99.999999% of the world population. You guys surely don't need to keep posting the obvious. The same number of folks who want to fly here, like you, is small of that teeny tiny percentage. The amount of those folks who are pretentious blow hards like you; probably pretty high, because it does take a screw loose to work in some of the world's garden spots like I have, and apparently you to.

By the way, I love the admission that the bad guys keep blowing stuff up in the vicinity of where you work, yet YOU keep going to work (if you still work here).

For anybody else interested, again, we currently have enough applicants. We are busy getting government approvals, and it might be a while to get back to some of you. So, even though the enlightened think I'm worried about "scaring you away", believe me, I couldn't hide the dangers here if I wanted, plus we don't need additional folks now. So, please, make judgements on facts.