View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 03:05 AM
Iowa Farm Boy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: 737 FO

Well Holly, thanks for your <independent> input. Oh, and thanks Allison for being the lead cheerleader again.

But Holly, you see, it's simple. I'm quite sure that the six members of the MEC sleep fine. By abstaining, they put this out to a pilot vote (thus shutting up our mgt and the yes voters) without endorsing it. I've heard many times in my years as a union member that leadership shouldn't vote yes to anything that they don't think will pass a membership vote. The "six" don't think this will pass, but in the interest of putting this whole thing to bed, they abstained. Had not a small minority of rogue leadership gone behind their backs we wouldn't be here.

As for the membership, after six years of flow backs, two years of divestiture threats, which went right up into two years of bankruptcy, then followed ten days later by this <manure>, I think it's safe to say that the Eagle pilots are "done." AMR mgt has violated our contract, our trust, and our respect such that even their hired gun union buster couldn't believe our level of cynicism.

Since you've been calmly sitting in your chair with a nice little career going without our turmoil, you don't know any of this though. Which comes to my point. You don't know what the _____ you're talking about, so shut up.

And have a nice day.

Last edited by Iowa Farm Boy; 03-26-2014 at 03:31 AM.