View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 04:17 PM
aa73
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

I just transferred back to Domestic 737. Best move I've ever made. While I greatly enjoyed the intl first couple of years, it got old real quick. I was always tired and in a jet lag funk. Trips through customs were a pain. Security hassles, phones dependent on wifi, spending way too much $$$ on layovers....the list goes on and on. Like Slice says above - some guys love it, some hate it.

I just did a 3 day domestic trip with ATL and BDL layovers. Not in a million years did I ever think I'd enjoy it as much as I did. US controllers all the way. Digital atis and PDC. No customs. Phone works everywhere. USA Todays in the lobby. Quick ride to an airport with no security hassles. Flying over the good ol USA and American towns. Best of all, it was all daytime flying....no figuring out breaks, no bleary eyed sunrises after 10hrs of flying. That's just me though.

If you want to strictly fly transcons, come to AA: you can bid to only fly domestic, whereas at most other airlines they tend to mix domestic and intl. And you can get LGA 320 as a new hire, which is almost exclusively transcons to LAX and SFO.