Old 02-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Atrain77

Default Graduating College in December, Looking at ATP...

Hi everybody! I'm new to to the forums and it looks like there is a surplus of knowledge lurking around the boards. I'm hoping somebody can help point me in the right direction.

I'm 20 years old and in December I'll graduate with a B.S. in Management. Studying management for four years knowing that I just want to fly was extremely difficult. But in the long run it was the best thing I could've done. I've retained a lot of info that will help me outside of aviation. But in December I need to go to flight school.

I've looked into Delta Connection, RAA, ATP and even visited Pan Am in Phoenix last spring. Right now I'm leaning towards ATP because they offer multi-engine training, a reasonable price and a good reputation. I saw a thread posted a few months ago which skimmed the surface on ATP but I'm looking for more. Is there anybody who went to ATP who knows what it's really like and knows if the advertisements accurately represent the school? Will you actually be hired by ATP to instruct or are most graduates forced to find work elsewhere? For those who didn't go to ATP, are there better options out there? Is the multi-engine training at ATP worth it?

As a newbie to the aviation industry and these forums, I look forward to hearing what everybody has to say. Thank you very much!