View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 06:08 PM
Polarfr8dog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: 767 Captain

Originally Posted by ghilis101 View Post
The reasons being theyre sitting in the left seat at JetBlue, Kalitta, and other places making more than theyd make even with the equity payout at AA. However, the big pay raise and parity review in 2016, and another 2,000 junior new hire pilots underneath them between now and then changes the ball game, theyre just timing it right. They'll be back in 2016.
EXACTLY what my thought process is hanging at Atlas. For me, personally , the timing wasn't/isn't right with the way kids were in school, bottom of the list, and no way of a short term way to make up the 60K I passed on in the equity payout.

As we all know seniority means everything when it comes to choosing things whether that be a vacation bid, certain days off for kid's functions, etc. Having said that time will tell when/if I exercise my recall as a senior F.O. on the 747 and can hold Captain on the 767 here I will be filling the coffers. But when personal commitments are fulfilled for the family and I can be a reserve gypsy again with a promising retirement you just never know. So a six figure job here for the time being is better than a three year pay scale there.

Anyway, that's one perspective on a deferred decision and your mileage may vary.