View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 09:28 PM
MX442
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by Seattle1 View Post
any other horizon pilots out there that wouldn't mind to chime in about there experience with horizon, typically how many days off a month, do you fly more 2, 3, or 4 days trips, how often you are away from home? thanks again!
We have a 35 day bid (5 weeks). Reserve lines are 5 on, 2 off, 3 times in the bid, and 4 on, 3 off for two weeks of the bid. This equals 12 off in a bid. You get the same two days of the week off for the whole bid, ie Friday/Saturday, etc. Typically you're gone 1-3 nights a week. Depending on coverage, you can go 3 weeks without a call. Last bid I only spent 3 nights in a hotel, and worked 8 days. But average would be working at approximately 70% of your reserve days. I bid only reserve because it is truly a part-time job, and I'm home a lot more nights than if I bid a line.

Regular lines are built with a minimum of 13 days off, but they are driven mostly by credit hour. Average lines are 14-15 days off per 35 day bid. Most trips are 4 days. Thus 3 nights a week in a hotel. There are a few 2 and 3 day trips.

Overall, my experience is it has been a good place to work. Hope this helps.