View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 06:06 AM
msduckslyr
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: Bus

I was gone roughly two years between 2010-2012. I did not use any sick the year before I went on LTMLA and didn't receive any sick accrual upon return(Although I did a few years prior in full). I did not receive any vacation accrual, (Although I did a few years prior, paid by check in full). I did not receive the contract bonus. I was not aware of making up the 401K.

I inquired about all three (Sick, Vacation, and the Contract bonus) with our Union Mil Affairs Rep and the Company. The Company said I was not eligible for any of those anymore, and our ALPA Mil Affairs Rep never replied back to my questions. I assumed a negative reply was a no reply and I was getting no where with the Company. Hearing that many of you have not heard back from our Mil Rep has me thinking that I should have pursued the issues further. When I have heard back from our Mil Rep, it has been great and thorough info, but I do have to say it is hit or miss receiving a reply.

It would be nice to have a one stop shop for returning LTMLA pilots, or at least someone to help guide us. There does seem to be a recurring theme about our ALPA Mil Affairs Rep.

On a side note, a guy from my unit recently returned in 2013, and received all of his sick back, no vacation, and a B Fund contribution he thought was grossly short.