View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 08:50 AM
RamenNoodles
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Delta Gear Slinger

Originally Posted by rcfd13 View Post
Look at the responses in the "Skywest pilot in Calgary" thread and see how many regional pilots are truly willing to help each other out. If you want an example of two union carriers I commute on Eagle quite a bit and those guys have some great things to say about RAH pilots when they pass each other in the alley.

Pilots are never going to play nice with each other.
Its more like regional pilots that are trying to help the profession not willing to support those who are not. I'm always infuriated that the XJT negotiations are hampered by the fact that some of SkyWest's pay and work rules piggyback on whatever we get. The ASA and XJT MEC's have the extra burden of negotiating for a pilot group that isn't even part of the merger and wants absolutely nothing to do with us, even though they stand to potentially get some impressive gains without doing any work.

Anyway, rant over. Nothing personal against SkyWest guys. They've always been courteous and professional, I just wish they would back the rest of us up.

We've just witnessed 10,000 pilots back each other up, not to mention the pilots at Silver who voted no and the pilots at Commutair who just made some pretty significant gains with no concessions. Unprecedented. I think the regional landscape is about to change drastically. I hope we price ourselves out of the RJ industry and mainline takes on those shiny new DC9 sized jets.