Thread: UAL Pool-ies
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 12:35 PM
MasterOfPuppets
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: 787

Originally Posted by JetBlast77 View Post
Where will they displace to? I don't believe we are seeing a reduction in airframes anytime soon and they continue to post vacancies on the 320 in EWR. Its funny I keep hearing we are short crews yet there are both 737 and
320 guys having to do landings for currency

If they displace bus guys out of those bases and we arent parking aircraft, I would think those positons would have to go somewhere.
Remember you are not at a regional anymore displacements are not just to the open seats in whatever bases they have open. Read the language a pilot that is senior to another pilot has a right to his/her seat. Displace out of DEN/ORD and you end up with a bunch of pilots going to the 737 in DEN/ORD. If DEN/ORD can not absorb that many pilots then the junior 737 pilots get bumped out of DEN/ORD to wherever their seniority can hold and so on........

Your right we are not parking frames so if the pilots displaced through out the system don't take 320 positions then there will be a vacancy bid and the pilots based in EWR will be able to bid around the system to the open positions.

Remember the new hires have to go somewhere and they can only go to unfilled vacancies the only unfilled vacancies in the last year have been in EWR.