Thread: UAL Pool-ies
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 06:33 AM
Scott Stoops
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010
Position: 737 Cap

Originally Posted by APC225 View Post
This is a direct result of the company deciding to rope-a-dope the contract negotiations. Had the UPA been done earlier, the ISL would have been done earlier, and training would have been targeted two years ago to match the new seniority list. Instead who was being trained compared to what eventually became the ISL became more and more out of whack. Now they're just so far behind trying to get it back in line it's hard to see how they'll ever catch up. This all began with "labor is not needed for this merger" and may very well end with it's failure as a result.
Just so we're clear, while the company clearly wanted to delay, delay, delay... it was only exacerbated by the disunity at the MEC level on both sides. This wasn't a company only failure WRT contract timing. There were pilot group issues (again, both sides) that made the situation far worse than it should have been. As an LUAL guy, my perspective is that JP sabotaged the process from almost day 1 and the CALMEC bought in. You may see it differently, but there is no denying that it didn't go as it should have.

Done. Now going forward, we need leaders. No more of this garbage we've been seeing at the road shows. We hear you? Really? That's their mantra? How about getting ahead of the jet (like we all do daily) and make good operational decisions. That's something I can get behind. I have 25 years to go and would like to retire (quit?) from this airline.

Scott