View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 08:53 AM
airbaker
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by flybywire44 View Post
It is a question absent implication.

Involuntary furloughed pilots in the United SLI arbitration received credit for the length of service they were active. Voluntary furloughs also received a furlough credit in addition to LOS credit.

I think we'll certainly see a length of service credit for everyone.

Eagle, You may know that USAPAs push for DOH was not successful in their previous merger with AmWest. It may likely not be successful in an integration with APA.

There is some confusion about Third-List pilots, but there are two seniority lists at US Airways. Some pilots on each list were hired after the US Airways/America West merger. These pilots are "listed" as holding conditional notice to that previous merger. Meaning Third-List pilot seniority expectations are relatively less.

So, with all that... Congrats to those recently hired or returning to the newAA.
Gotcha. I guess I didn't word it correctly; I was simply talking about LOS for pay purposes. I hope you're correct that there is support for this. Browsing C&R doesn't give me a warm fuzzy however.

As far as LOS for the integration calculus...well, that's a whole other ballgame. I'm happy (and thankful, btw) to exercise my contractual right to defer and see how the whole mess is played out. When all is said and done, if it looks like I'm back near the bottom of the integrated list, I might just make the tough decision to gamble my career at JetBlue (or whoever buys us!).