Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Kellwolf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: A320 FO

It really depends on if you're okay with reserve or not. Okay with reserve and live in base? 320. Want to fly more hours or commute? 190.

I was off reserve a year before the guys in my class that bid the 320 were off....and a couple bounced back on to reserve after that. So, the pay difference after year one is a very complicated issue. They'll have to be line holders for a while to catch up to me. They will, but it'll be about year 3 before the pay difference between them being on reserve vs me holding an 85-90 hour line in the first year. Granted, the loss of premium pay has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced that gap.

Now that I'm in base, I'm spoiled. I don't mind reserve at all since we rarely get called. Last month was a barn burner since I was used for 50 hours. The month before that was closer to 20, and this month looks to be more in the 20-30 range based on staffing/open time. Sad thing is, I'm more likely to stay on the 190 than bid over to the 320 when I have the shot because I like staying home. 320 guys fly a bit more on average, and I'd prefer not to do island red eyes all the time.