View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 06:54 AM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by PSUPilot View Post
It's funny that this whole uniform issue has come up so many times in every thread. The instructions say wear your uniform...so, WEAR YOUR UNIFORM! Ironed, starched, polished shoes, and neat appearance. The interviewers can probably assume you can't follow directions, or don't want to follow directions, if you show up otherwise. Most of us who have gotten hired probably followed the email exactly as written. It's US Airways interview that they are inviting people to...hence, they make the rules. And...it seems to work, because this is the best employee group I have ever worked for.
This isn't an answer to the questions I raised, i.e., conflicts between jeopardizing your present employment to obtain future employment. If US Airways (as a separate carrier from AA until STS) policy allows the wearing of the uniform at the employees discretion, then at least they aren't in contradiction with themselves and if it does prohibit that, they are. Either way, another carrier (as many do), prohibit this practice and perhaps it should be questioned before attending the interview.

Of course, perhaps what they REALLY seek are pilots who check their brains at the door and won't question anything an airline management says ?

What they really want are meek, compliant pilots or at those that can act that way when necessary (like during contract votes). By all means, wear the uniform to get the job, but these questions are still valid.